Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marmaladeatkins

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 12, 2009
just gone online today (less than an hour ago) with my 4 year old ish powerbook, with o2 mobile broadband. any images i look at are poor quality- as if they are all 2000dpi, not 72- kind of squiffy.
ive not looked at many sites so far, but hvae noticed that in ebay, for example- i cant click on some options- eg- the annoying 'best match' cant be clicked on to make it ending soonest. it is not a live link, thought it should be. how can i improve safari????

i live in central london- the speed is also really slow, which i assume is over burdened network- anything i can do about this? or do i have to be awake in the middel of the night for a fast connexion??? :confused:

thanks very much :D

BlueRevolution

macrumors 603
Jul 26, 2004
Montreal, QC
First off, 2000 dpi is extremely fine resolution. The acronym stands for dots per inch.

It sounds like you're just experiencing congestion, which is perfectly normal for mobile broadband. Suffice it to say that the stress should be placed on the "mobile" rather than the "broadband".

Run the test at http://speedtest.net and see what you get...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.