Help with UTorrent

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mbcollins93, May 5, 2009.

1. mbcollins93 macrumors member

mbcollins93

Hi,
    First of all let me let you know what my set up is. I am currently using a macbook pro running mac os x 10.5.6, and I have a time capsule (which I think is my problem.) Ok so utorrent is being a bear and is taking forever to download something. when i open up network preferences, it either has a yellow indicator and it says no incoming connection or it has a red indicator and it says no connection. I have never gotten a green indicator. So i am thinking it has something to do with my firewall on my time capsule (or some kind of firewall), but I dont know. Can you help me?

2. Oz86 macrumors newbie

3. mbcollins93 thread starter macrumors member

mbcollins93

that helped a little bit but it only took the indicator from red to yellow. Thanks for helping.
    Does anyone else have any tips?

4. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

try with Transmission. the uTorrent beta didnt show an open port for me although it may just download files fine.

5. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

Your spot on the nail with what the problem is, just disable all firewalls, inclucing in OS X, Little snitch etc, anything you could have installed which includes a firewall. Enable port forwarding correctly, and use well Seeded torrents from Private trackers.