Help with Verizon Visual Voicemail

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by whitlecj, Jan 6, 2016.

1. whitlecj macrumors regular

I just got an iPhone 6s Plus. I was using a nexus 6p and google voice as my voicemail. I successfully got my number to stop forwarding to google voice by dialing *73. My problem now is I have no visual voicemail. When I click the voicemail tab I it simply dials my voicemail and you can listen to it the old way by entering your password. When I receive a new voice mail, I get a text that looks likes this.

//VZWVVM:SYNC:ev=NM;id=388;c=2;t=v;s=18039179498;dt=06/01/2016 19:36 -0500;l=16;dev_t=5

My phone is a work phone and is tied to our corporate account so I can't log into my Verizon to check anything. I had an iPhone 6 prior to the nexus and visual voicemail worked fine.

I have tried resetting the network settings and that did not help.

Any ideas?

2. posguy99 macrumors 6502

Sure. Talk to your corporate contract administrator and have them take care of Verizon fixing it. That's what they're for. Visual Voicemail is a product that has to be added to the device.

You could of course continue to use Google Voice for your voicemail.

3. xdabbeb macrumors newbie

xdabbeb

The text you received is a directed SMS/IMS message for an Android VVM sync request. Basically, your line is provisioned incorrectly for the iOS VVM service. If you call Verizon (and get a competent tech) they should be able to switch the code for you easily. You may also need a new nano-SIM as Verizon was/is still provisioning different ones for each platform...Yet another remnant of their failed isis/softcard venture. I switch between platforms often and run into this if I'm not able to do it myself via Verizon's online activation due to their silly 30-day account change policy.