Help With Vibration Patterns.plist

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jthomp, Dec 28, 2009.

1. jthomp macrumors regular

Downloaded via Cydia the SMS vibration boost package which changes the length of the vibration. Decided I didn't like it compared to the original lenth of the vibration and deleted it. Well... That hosed my vibration of my phone. No matter what I do with that cydia package uninstalled, no vibrate under any circumstances. I reinstalled the package to check for hardware/software issues and as soon as it's installed, it works as it used to, except it's back to the longer length. Does anyone have (or can get) the original SystemSoundVibrationPatterns.plist and could share it with me? I'm going to have to SSH it into my phone to replace the "corrupt" one since with the package removed, it doesn't work.

I'm all for cydia apps, but make it so if it's removed by the user, that it doesn't eff up your phone... I guess I could have changed the off/on/total duration myself, but this I thought, was easier...

2. crimsontwo macrumors member

Google for "SystemSoundVibrationPatterns.plist" and you'll find plenty of links with the original file.

3. shahalum macrumors newbie

I was wondering if someone could help. I own an iPhone 3Gs and for some reason when in silent mode, the phone doesnt vibrate when i receive a new text message (sms). It vibrates when I receive a call in silent mode, and also when i receive a reminder from Intelliscreen alerting me of a missed call or new sms.

Basically the vibration function works for everything except when i receive a new sms in silent mode and when i flip the swtich from silent to ring (and vice versa).

Due to the above, i can only assume that its not a hardware issue since it does actually vibrate. this happened a few months after purchasing (and jailbreaking) the phone so i can only assume that this is being caused by an app that I have installed since it was fine for the first few months. I have checked the settings on the phone a million times (vibrate is on for silent and ring) and I cant work out why this is happening.

I have statusnotifier, ireal sms (v2) and quicksms installed. i dont know if they're causing the issue but i have installed them and the prob still remains.

Is anybody else having the same problem or can advise on how to solve the problem? ive searched long and hard on the net and connot find a solution.

thanks in advance.

4. Brownye macrumors newbie

Have you found a solution to this. I am having a similar problem and would be interested how you fixed it.

5. shahalum macrumors newbie

No I haven't. If you figure out a way, could you please let me know.

6. th33ch0 macrumors newbie

Have you tried with a different SystemSoundVibratePatterns.plist file?