help with video for my girlfriend's bday

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by twoodcc, Oct 16, 2008.

1. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

so my g/f's bday is coming up, and i usually make some sort of video/slideshow for her (don't get in the gutter now).

i have a friend that recently got married, and for part of his wedding present, i made a video of a bunch of clips i had of him to a funny song, and they loved it.

anyways, i thought i would come here to get ideas for the slideshow or video. i have a video camera, but it's nothing great (Canon V805 or something - not HD) and i have a digital camera.

now, i was thinking of a song, and i think i want to do the song 'Sunlight' by Plain White Ts. anything good go with that song? just make a slideshow like i have done in the past?

2. cantthinkofone macrumors 65816

cantthinkofone

A coworker of mine made a short video for a friend of our's that got married a few weeks ago. He just had a much of small clips starting at the place he proposed to her, all the way thru dress rehearsal, the bride's room, and groom's room, etc etc.

He used "question" by old 97. I think it went along great with the video.

He threw it together in about 2 hours in imovie.

3. twoodcc thread starter macrumors P6

twoodcc

thanks for the reply. well, we aren't married yet. so i don't have that kind of material to work with.

4. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

What programs do you have access to? If you have access to Shake, After Effects or Motion, you can do the cool looking 2.5D effect like the one that is used to great effect in this video.

If you do a search for a 2.5D tutorial, something should come up.

P-Worm

5. twoodcc thread starter macrumors P6

twoodcc

i just have access to imovie and final cut express. i'll check out that video though