Help with Video/Image uploads in XCODE

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by matt41129, Apr 8, 2013.

1. matt41129 macrumors newbie

Hello all, Im new to programming, Im doing a Iphone app for my church and one portion of the app was to upload a image or video. I know that to do so I would need a web server (which i have) what type of programing code would I need to accomplish uploading a video to a webserver? Any help would be great, im new so i apologize if this is a repeated question. Thx.

2. xStep macrumors 68000

I think you need to explain it better. Is you app going to take pictures and video that you then want to upload to a specific server? Describe the workflow.

3. matt41129 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes your correct. What im wanting to do is upload a picture or video to a server from the application. The user would beable to hit a button and capture or upload a video on the camera roll then upload to the webserver. Am i thinking right, as far as being able to upload a video or image to a webserver? same for audio, thats possible right?

4. Duncan C, Apr 16, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2013

Duncan C macrumors 6502a

Duncan C

Your server is a web server? That's an important bit of information. You probably want to use an HTTP put command. Take a look at the NSURLRequest class and the NSURLConnection class.

5. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Do you mean the NSURLRequest and NSURLConnection classes?

6. Duncan C macrumors 6502a

Duncan C

LOL. Oops. Indeed I do mean NSURLRequest and NSURLConnection. That'll teach me to post while trying to do something else. Thanks for correcting me. I corrected my post above.