Help with Videos

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by macbanda, Jul 1, 2013.

1. macbanda macrumors member

I am trying to download videos from sites (i.e., news pieces, etc) where there is no option to download the video. I teach and at times I would only like to grab a few minutes from a video to show in the classroom - don't know if that is easier than downloading the entire video. My question is if there is a freeware for the mac to accomplish what I described. If not, does anyone recommend a software that is relatively cheap option.

Thank you in advance.

2. PajamaPants, Jul 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2013

PajamaPants macrumors member

There are some plugins for safari and others apps like MacX YouTube downloaded or the Media center safari plugin. I normally just add "sing" between www. and youtube and then choose the format I wish to download in in the website. Check this other thread for more detailed info http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1603285

Good luck!

3. macbanda thread starter macrumors member

Thank you for the reply! Sounds like a good option but is there one that allows me to grab video from a site?

4. PajamaPants macrumors member

If I am not mistaken if you want to grab a video that is not hosted (if it is embebed you can double click the link and do the same) in YouTube you cannot use the web alternative. So try one of the programs mentioned in the other topic. I am pretty sure most of them will do that.