Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

matthew2926

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2013
Michigan
Okay, so I have school until 2:30pm EST and since the event on the 9th starts at 1pm EST I was wondering if anyone knew of a way that I could somehow tape the Apple event so that I could watch it before the time that Apple will finally manage to post it. Any way to tape it? I should also mention that I will have access to my iPhone and my Windows 7 PC but I won't be able to use either for an extended period of time...thanks in advance!

Suspended
Sep 15, 2012
It should be up on YouTube minutes after it is completed. I would just let someone else record it and upload it, it is going to be a huge event so that specific someone will probably want a lot of YouTube views. Sorry if it wasn't the answer you were looking for, just thinking of the easiest method if you don't want to wait a few hours.

matthew2926

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2013
Michigan
It should be up on YouTube minutes after it is completed. I would just let someone else record it and upload it, it is going to be a huge event so that specific someone will probably want a lot of YouTube views. Sorry if it wasn't the answer you were looking for, just thinking of the easiest method if you don't want to wait a few hours.

Seriously, minutes?! If that is truly the case then that will work just fine. Will YouTube probably have the whole event or just fragments? Also, how long is the event supposed to be?

----------

Could you cue it up and let it buffer, then watch later?

Would this work in standby?

juanrp

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2014
Florida
Seriously, minutes?! If that is truly the case then that will work just fine. Will YouTube probably have the whole event or just fragments? Also, how long is the event supposed to be?

Well, Apple uploaded it to their Youtube on October 8, 2013.

Apple Special Event. September 10, 2013

I think that someone will upload before then, but all the info you will need will most likely be on Apple's website.

simon48

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2010
When Apple streams their keynotes they seem to post it for on demand viewing pretty quickly. Since they're editing it live I bet it mostly ready to go when the keynote is over.

blakek

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2013
get an Apple TV or wait and it will be online like it is always, later on.

be patient, its just a phone. tend to your school work, much more important lol

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida

Lol, they've never posted it minutes after the event is over. It usually takes several hours - several days/weeks.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Lol, they've never posted it minutes after the event is over. It usually takes several hours - several days/weeks.

Like I said earlier, the last keynote was on the website and Apple TV almost immediately after it streamed. Apple has this down to a science; they're doing it every day with the iTunes Festival.

t0mat0

macrumors 603
Aug 29, 2006
Home
You don't need Apple's uploaded version (though the podcast feed for keynotes has previously got the keynotes first) - checking Youtube it looks like lots of people uploaded the keynote that day as soon as they could - just searching on Youtube would pull up the details.

Apple's WWDC session videos were up remarkably fast, maybe they'll do the same with their video this time?

iCore24

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2013
Michigan
I got class 1:40pm - 3:30pm est.

So I can watch the first 40 minutes of it. But Im gonna try to Play and pause it and watch it all one time when I come back. Ill make sure to turn off auto sleep and just lower my brightness all the way down.

If that fails, Im sure they will release the video after its over right away.

The problem is I don't want to know anything! I want Tim to tell me the new products not Yahoo.

matthew2926

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2013
Michigan

Lol my class at 1 is study hall but I don't get wifi in my classroom, and no cell coverage.

Last edited:

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
I have school until 3:30 and when I get home I just go to Apple.com and its up there. This may not be the case so soon but don't know.

Jordan246

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2014
I have school till 3:10 what I'll do is go to apple.com and watch the event on my mid 2010 13in MacBook Pro

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York

Have you ever been at school or work while a apple keynote is going on? Trust me you ain't getting **** done after 1:00 eastern time. Your gone. Thinking about apple trying to see if you could whip out your phone and read mac rumors with out getting caught.

matthew2926

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2013
Michigan
Have you ever been at school or work while a apple keynote is going on? Trust me you ain't getting **** done after 1:00 eastern time. Your gone. Thinking about apple trying to see if you could whip out your phone and read mac rumors with out getting caught.

Lol you just narrated the day of WWDC for me

matthew2926

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2013
Michigan
Lol. I got lucky on WWDC I was in English most of the time and we were just reading a book. Books are perfect phone hiders :D.

Haha I had study hall also on the day of WWDC except my teacher fro study hall last year was so much nicer and didn't make us do the lesson. He even put the keynote up on the board! With my new teacher this year, I will not be so lucky... :(

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
Haha I had study hall also on the day of WWDC except my teacher fro study hall last year was so much nicer and didn't make us do the lesson. He even put the keynote up on the board! With my new teacher this year, I will not be so lucky... :(
That's a teacher from heaven...

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2010
Did I miss the part where the world was going to reverse spin or something?

Okay, okay...some people can not wait a few minutes for it to be posted.

Pretty sad stuff here.

matthew2926

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2013
Michigan
Did I miss the part where the world was going to reverse spin or something?

Okay, okay...some people can not wait a few minutes for it to be posted.

Pretty sad stuff here.

Why join a forum for Apple devices if you don't like it when they release new devices?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.