Help with Vista and function keys

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by synth3tik, Apr 22, 2007.

1. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

To run the VPN software provided by work I decided to install Vista on my MBP. For the most part I have gotten everything set. To get into our main database I need to use a telnet/ssh client. I downloaded an ssh client from Nexus. I like it (far better then I like Vista). The problem is my function keys don't work. With the database to two most important keys are F1 and F3. When running X11 in OS X all I need do is fn+F1 and so on, this does not work with any client I have tried under Vista. I have installed the boot camp drives so all is good there. I had help from our IT guy when it came to mapping drives and all that, just he's not to familiar with Apple hardware, and I try not to get involved with windows software, so we're kind of at any end.

Any ideas?

Thanks

2. synth3tik thread starter macrumors 68040

synth3tik

By changing the season from xterm to vt320 I was able to get the fuction keys to work. Now I am unable to bring up graphics from the database. I had this problem before, No to see if the IT dude knows how to fix that.

3. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Before you go overboard with Windows, are you aware that OS X includes a VPN client? It may not be appropriate for all types of VPNs, but give it a go (look in Internet Connect) if you haven't already.

4. synth3tik thread starter macrumors 68040

synth3tik

Yes, the company runs a proprietary VPN. I only wish I was going overboard. Also this way to I can use the MBP at work instead of the company provided PC (533Mhz PIII Gateway:( 128mb, Win NT:eek: )