Help with VoIP Phone

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Gregintosh, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

Hey everyone,

I could use a little help/advice regarding VoIP phones.

I have a VoIP provider that lets me use any software I want with their services (I think they call it SIP). Anyway, I need to find a program for Windows that I can use which will allow me to play an mp3 as if it was coming from the mic.

The reason for this is because when someone doesn't answer the phone, rather than have to speak through a voicemail script, I'd rather have one recording and just play that recording and leave it on their voicemail.

If anyone knows of a program that can do this that's compatible with VoIP accounts, or heck, at this point I'd even take something compatible with Skype, please PLEASE let me know! Thanks!

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

voip.ms allows for custom wav files for incoming caller IDs plus sophisticated mailboxes. Maybe your voip offers this?

3. Gregintosh thread starter macrumors 68000

I'm looking through that and that seems to be a provider. I am already happy with my VoIP provider (I pay $30 a month for truly unlimited use with a "call center" package).

Maybe I should ask this question another way. Is there a VOIP soft phone that would allow me to use an mp3 as custom on hold music. That would effectively be the same function (playing an mp3 on my computer that the person on the other line hears).