Help with Weird Screen anomalies issue!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by emiljan, Jul 10, 2010.

1. emiljan macrumors 6502

emiljan

Before i describe my issue here is a little background first!

On july 1 2010 i took in my 13" MBP to my local Apple Store in Novi Mi, for screen replacement. The screen had a bruise in the center so the Geniuses kindly offered to replace it. This is not the first screen replacement i had on this MBP, during the past two months i had the screen replaced 4 times. This morning i picked up my MBP turned it on to make sure everything was working properly. Nothing seemed wrong so i headed home.

The Geniuses decided to also replace my logic board with a new one, thinking that it might solve my issue but no luck.

Now for the real issue:

From what i can tell it looks like screen tearing. I can't really describe the issue so i took a video to show you:

http://s838.photobucket.com/albums/zz309/emiljanhaxhi/?action=view&current=MOV01741.mp4

This started to happen when i got home. I powered on the MBP and went online to check my email. About 15min later this started to happen. I don't know whats causing it but i think the graphics card on the new logic board is faulty.

I reset the pram and smc and no luck. This only happens after the mbp is on for a few minutes its not something that happens as soon as it boots up. Also when i close the lid and open it back up the screen if fine again, then a few minutes later the screen tearing comes back.

I'm stumped on whats going on, so i thought i would ask here before i return to the apple store.

2. djasterix macrumors 6502a

djasterix

Go back to the store and ask for a replacement, it's clear that you've got a faulty machine...

3. emiljan thread starter macrumors 6502

emiljan

I have tried to ask for a replacement and they keep telling me that the only thing they can do is replace my screen again.

Hopefully this time things will be different.

4. djasterix macrumors 6502a

djasterix

But this time they also replace the LB, so they're out of chances to replace it again, just go there and make you're point, as you can't be returning to the store every other day...