HELP with WIFI in virtual machine

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Mac-key, May 7, 2011.

1. Mac-key macrumors 6502a

Hello, I'm hoping to find some help with my wifi connection. I recently imported my bootcamp partition into a virtual machine using Fusion. At first, everything seemed to work fine, but the more time I've spent in my VM I'm seeing some wifi connectivity issues.

Either way, I am not technical AT ALL when it comes to wifi stuff and networks. I started messing with it and I think I've jacked it up more.

You know you have 3 options when connecting using windows - work, home, public... I was on a home network, now that does not show up. When I was bootcamping when I would click on my wireless network, it showed my wireless network name that I personalized... now in the VM I don't see that all.

Hope this is not too confusing, but I just need some help. Additionally, my machine just said windows detected a change in hardware and it needs to be reactivated or it will disable itself. Tried to do that online, BUT no network connection.

Thanks for the help

2. Mac-key thread starter macrumors 6502a