Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bulldog VII

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
London
Hi all

Hope someone can help me with my wifi settings on my imac. it is running 10.11.1 & has an intel processer

I have no idea what I've done to my wifi settings but I can no longer see my printer or my Apple TV. My Imac is connected to the internet by wifi no problem & the printer & apple TV are on the network, but the imac can't see it?

I know the printer works fine as my partner can print from her PC & I know the Apple TV is on the Network as I've just downloaded & watch a film on there (Ted 2 - fantastic!!)

Help please!!!

Phil

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
One thing to try:
Power EVERYTHING all the way off (including modem or cable modem if you have one), then reboot.

Sometimes this works when nothing else will...

glenthompson

macrumors demi-god
Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Use the WiFi pulldown on the menu bar and see what WiFi network you are attached to. Make sure it's what you expect. My wife had trouble printing and we found she had accidentally connected to our neighbor's unsecured WiFi.

Bulldog VII

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
London
Hi all, I've now given up with the printer & that is now connected via an USB port.

My apple TV is the only one I'm interested in, for some unknown reason I just can't access via the network. It is connected via the network, but does not recognise the iMac?

Any ideas would be appreicated

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.