Help with wifi settings

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Bulldog VII, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Bulldog VII macrumors 6502

Bulldog VII

Hi all

Hope someone can help me with my wifi settings on my imac. it is running 10.11.1 & has an intel processer

I have no idea what I've done to my wifi settings but I can no longer see my printer or my Apple TV. My Imac is connected to the internet by wifi no problem & the printer & apple TV are on the network, but the imac can't see it?

I know the printer works fine as my partner can print from her PC & I know the Apple TV is on the Network as I've just downloaded & watch a film on there (Ted 2 - fantastic!!)

Help please!!!

Phil

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

What is the wireless your iMac and Apple TV plus printer using, AC, N, G, B? What router are you using?

3. Bulldog VII thread starter macrumors 6502

Bulldog VII

I'm using a BT Home hub (5 - latest) & I have no idea what else you mean about channels??

4. Fishrrman macrumors G3

One thing to try:
    Power EVERYTHING all the way off (including modem or cable modem if you have one), then reboot.

Sometimes this works when nothing else will...

5. glenthompson macrumors 68000

glenthompson

Use the WiFi pulldown on the menu bar and see what WiFi network you are attached to. Make sure it's what you expect. My wife had trouble printing and we found she had accidentally connected to our neighbor's unsecured WiFi.

6. Bulldog VII thread starter macrumors 6502

Bulldog VII

Hi all, yes we are connected to the same wi-fi.

How do I reset to factory settings??

7. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Option key+click on the Wi-Fi icon in your Finder right side! Then it will show you how your Mac is connected! Plus I said nothing about channels (which are numbers).

8. Meister Suspended

Meister

For the printer:

Reinstall the driver software.

9. Bulldog VII thread starter macrumors 6502

Bulldog VII

Hi all, I've now given up with the printer & that is now connected via an USB port.

My apple TV is the only one I'm interested in, for some unknown reason I just can't access via the network. It is connected via the network, but does not recognise the iMac?

Any ideas would be appreicated