Help with Wineskin?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Scari, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Scari macrumors newbie

I downloaded a PC game on my mac, and then made a wrapper for it with Wineskin Winery. Now when I try to open it, an error message pops up that says: "There is no Windows program configured to open this type of file."

What should I do?

2. doh123 macrumors 65816

What game?

Did you set the wrapper up to launch a certain program executable? was it a .exe, .bat, or .msi?

What file are you trying to open and how? If you take some normal type of file and try to open it with the wrapper, it will give that error message if the wrapper has no program installed to handle the type of file your throwing at it.

3. thesandmanlives macrumors newbie

Sound not working using Wineskin for Ultima Online

Hi,

Ive really wanted to play this game called Ultima Online for soo long. Ive got everything to work except for the sound! ive tried everything i know (but i dont know much) anyone willing to help?

details.... ive got:

XQuartz is now 2.7.2 (xorg-server 1.12.2)
    wine- 1.4.1
    winebottler- 1.2.5
    mac OSX 10.6.8

ive done everything that was written on

http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/guide-to-running-uo-razor-on-osx.515151/

but i couldn't install "wininet" winetrick.

4. doh123 macrumors 65816

WineBottler is not Wineskin... so not really related to this thread. Besides that I've heard a lot of people complaining about sound issues with WineBottler lately... Since I make and use Wineskin, I don't know much about WineBottler.

5. Paulk, Jul 31, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2015

Paulk macrumors 6502

Paulk