Help with Wireless Keyboard and Mighty Mouse

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Dieselluvr0991, Jul 20, 2008.

1. Dieselluvr0991 macrumors newbie

Ok well i just bought a wireless keyboard and a mighty mouse (both bluetooth models) and i want to hook them up to my mbp but i also would like to pair them with my pc would there be any usb 2.0 adapter that i could find that would work wtih my pc? i looked on newegg.com but i have no idea which one to buy that will work
    thanks for the help

2. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

You can probably just find a Bluetooth dongle (they run about $30-40) if they are compatible with Windows. You might want to do some checking on that because I'm not sure that they are.

3. Dieselluvr0991 thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah i looked all over newegg and found a couple that i think will work the thing is i have no clue what version of bluetooth the keyboard is

4. Dieselluvr0991 thread starter macrumors newbie

5. Eric. macrumors regular

There is a certain D-Link model that is supposed to work well. There are some issues that you have to work around with Windows' built-in bluetooth support, but Google had plenty of results when I was looking into getting one for my PC. I ended up with a wired one though.

6. Decrepit macrumors 65816

Decrepit

I used a Dlink BT120 on my PC running Vista to work with the Apple Wireless keyboard. It worked extremely well with the obvious limitations of not being able to use any of the "Apple" keys like eject.

But it was a nice setup.

7. Dieselluvr0991 thread starter macrumors newbie

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833127117&Tpk=D-Link+blue+tooth
    im guessing thats the same thing?
    they show a pic of it in the packaging and its the same as this one
    http://www.synaptech.com/catalog/in...id=229&zenid=d03706994fc081c968e03d1c88dbc69c
    but the up close looks like a different model idk which one does yours look like and im sure they are pretty much the same exact thing
    thanks for the help

yeah im kind of regretting it right now because i had no idea that i was going to be hooking it up to my pc. the reason that made me use it was that my current keyboard no matter what i do i can't clean it off its constantly sticky. So it was going to be used for my macbook pro and then i was going to just use my current keyboard/mouse on my pc when i ordered them. I hope that it doesnt take that long to adjust not having a numpad or macros idk though

8. Decrepit macrumors 65816

Decrepit

That looks like the one. That NewEgg one is great since it has a $10 rebate for the next week. That's pretty nice. Mine is blue, but it may only be USB 1.1, not that it's important for a keyboard or mouse.