Help with WOW keylogger for mac os x

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by johnyy, Mar 27, 2009.

1. johnyy macrumors newbie

Hi,
    My WOW account is hacked. I suspect there is keylogger for mac spy software?
    6000G lost in my WOW account!
    Help please

2. Josh Kahane macrumors 6502

If this is true, then in-game if you can still access your account then ticket a GM and tell them about it, as what happened with me, they should be able to look into it, or reimburse your items and gold.

If you cant do that, go and ring Blizzard support, they should take this into account and research whats happened, then they should get back to you, hopefully with a fix, solution or alternative.

3. Rodus macrumors 6502a

Rodus

If you think your Mac has a keylogger then WoW is the least of your worries, your email, bank accounts etc could be compromised. Do a full virus scan, if you're not running a virus checker then you should be - download the free Clam Xav. Also get a copy of Little Snitch. It will tell you if there is any suspicious traffic on your connection and block it if necessary. It's possibly worth being ultra careful and doing a full re-install if you are still concerned.

4. johnyy thread starter macrumors newbie

HI,
    Thanks a lot for the information.
    Finally i found the keylogger in stalled on my Mac.
    It is Aobo Mac OS X Keylogger.
    I contacted them and removed the mac keylogger.

5. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

Was it put on by your parents?

Seeing as it's Parental Control software, I would have thought someone would have had to have been at your computer to install it.