help with xbox live from macbook pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kkilmore, Apr 11, 2009.

1. kkilmore macrumors newbie

Hey Guys how are you? I am kyle. I am new, but not at the same time. Had a membership here a long time ago but can't remember what it was. God to be back and wanted to say hi!

Anyways need some help. i have seen some tutorials about connecting your mac to an xbox via ethernet cable and and wireless internet. I followed the steps that is needed but for some reason it will not work. the only thing I didn't do with the tutorial I used was, go through terminal to get the IP address. The reason being was because when I typed in what I was supose to it didn't give me my IP address. Now I did look up my IP address on my wireless card application on my computer but that did not work.

I have a macbook pro 2.8ghz version with track pad if this matters in anyway.

Anyways hope someone can help me.

Thanks,
    Kyle

2. pogomonkeytutu macrumors newbie

I don't know if it helps but I connect my Powerbook to my Xbox using a program called Connect360. But that uses the wireless for both my laptop and the Xbox... or did until my PBG4 stopped recognising my Airport card. It was smooth sailing with Connect360 from the download however it takes about 5 mins or more to realise the connection.