Help with XGPS application!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mohicanspap, Mar 16, 2009.

1. mohicanspap macrumors regular

I am currently trying to use the XGPS app from Cydia. It has turn-by-turn with voice guidance and I want to use it but when I enter my destination it does not route it out for me. It gives me a sign saying "No driving direction can be computed using your query" I have no idea what that means. I have tried to use this app with its online and offline option and messed with every configuration and still no luck. It does every other feature just fine it just doesnt give me directions.:mad::mad::mad: Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. jamesapp macrumors 6502a

i don't know if this will help but did you type in the complete address of where you want to go?

3. mohicanspap thread starter macrumors regular

well i just messed around with it this very instant and i guess it turns out i have to be very specific. So im going to try it out a couple more times and see what happens. Thanks for your response :)

4. jackryan57 macrumors regular

You have to download the map of your area...try putting two fingers on the area of the map you want to download and spread them apart - then download that map.

5. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

Only for offline use. Yea, you just have to be VERY specific. It doesn't use Google to search for possible destinations, it uses the address, I'm pretty sure. I would like to see them add an ability to import Maps, bookmarks. That could make it a lot easier.

6. jackryan57 macrumors regular

No, not just for off line use. Try it. You need to download the map to get it to work.

7. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

No. You don't. I've done it. I used xGPS to drive from Illinois to New Orleans and since I had a data connection it was able to route my trip perfectly.