help with xslimmer: reviving apple apps?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ashjamben, Jun 16, 2008.

1. ashjamben macrumors 6502a

i wasn't sure if this should belong here, or in the mac applications section, but i think here is most appropriate.

anyway, i'm using xslimmer on most of my apps. its pretty handy. i've used it on all the apps that i've downloaded or have downloaded, as i know for a fact that if anything goes wrong i can easily get it back.

but i havn't touched any of the apple apps, safari, iphoto, garageband, etc. i know xslimmer uses the blacklist to not touch any apps that have known issues, and i presume that any of the basic apple apps would appear here if they didn't work, but still in the back of my mind i worry if something goes wrong. i know i can back it up, but i'd rather know th anser to this.

is it possible to reinstall the full versions of the apple apps from the leopard installation discs i got with my macbook?

thanks alot

2. w0ngbr4d macrumors regular

I'm pretty sure you can grab them off the install disc. I don't have one at work here to check, but a combination of restore discs and Pacifist should do the trick.

I'll look more when I get home, but I'm sure someone else will chime in before hand.