Help - Won't burn Cds anymore!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by dyxie64, Oct 10, 2007.

1. dyxie64 macrumors newbie

Alright. So I've had this stupid laptop for a year now (yes, a $2400 computer for only a year) and I've had so many problems with it I'm ready to let a semi drive over it. My newest little problem is that it no longer wants to burn cds. It keeps giving me this medium write error crap while sounding like it's eating the cd. It worked fine a month ago and now all of a sudden it's decided it doesn't like to burn anymore. And yes, I have tried lowering the burn speed...and it still sounds like its eating the cd, and the nice little meduim write error box STILL pops up. And I've also tried using different brands of cds, and of course that doesn't work either. I need some help with this thing before I really do go insane. Thanks.

2. bartelby macrumors Core

Have you taken it back to Apple for them to look at it?

3. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

If you explain your frustration, and ask for a replacement, there is even a small chance they'll replace it with the newer model :)

4. dyxie64 thread starter macrumors newbie

No I haven't taken it back I don't even know where it came from, my mom's friend got it for me for a graduation gift. There isn't even a place around where I live that deals with apple. I wasn't sure how long the warranty was so that was part of my frustration because if it's only a year, I'm screwed since I've had it for like a year and 2 months.

Thanks for the help though I really do appreciate it