Help ! "Xcode cannot find the software image to install this version"

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by cthesky, Oct 25, 2011.

1. cthesky macrumors member

Hi all,

I developed an Iphone project using Xcode 4.0.2 with IOS 4.3. But when I tried install and build this project into an Ipad (Software version for this Ipad is 5.0 (9a334)), an error with "Xcode cannot find the software image to install this version" was displayed. I noticed that in Organizer, under devices, there is a yellow dot instead of green dot for my Ipad.

But when I tried install this apps into another Ipad (Software version is 4.3.5 (8L1)), everything goes fine... The application was installed to this Ipad successfully.

Anyone know the reason and solution? Or am I need to upgrade Xcode 4.0.2 with IOS 4.3 to Xcode 4.2 with IOS 5?

Any comments and solutions are appreciated. Thanks a lot . :)

2. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

You need to upgrade Xcode to 4.2 which includes the 5.0 SDK.

3. cthesky thread starter macrumors member

Hi Matthew,

Thanks a lot for your reply. Just now I tried uninstall my Xcode 4.0.2 with IOS 4.3 and then install the Xcode 4.2 with IOS 5. But I faced some problems. That is since my project is developed using Xcode 4.0.2 with IOS 4.3, so when I try run this project using the Xcode 4.2 (IOS 5.0) I just installed, it is failed to run ... The running project process is paused... Do you know what is the reason for this problem?

And I have 1 more question, since the Xcode cannot found the Software image for IOS 5, so can I said that this software image will only be available if I upgrade my Xcode 4.0.2 (IOS 4.3) to Xcode 4.2 (IOS 5.0) ?

Thanks for your reply. :)

4. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

I believe that is what Matthew told you in his post.