Help

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Supershuttle, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Supershuttle macrumors newbie

I accidently removed my bootcamp partition with disk utilities and now i cant install abother bootcamp partition. Also, i just noticed that the disc drive wont mount and external drives wont mount, so i cant back up. And also i ran the gray disk, disk utilities found no problems and it wont allow me to reinstall mac os x, so Im stuck and I go to the genius store too much.

I use my macbook pro every single day, is it made for that? I dont think so because i have had about 7 hard drives failures and then they gave me a new macbook pro. Oh and disk utility started up from the gray disc and the external drive was mounted.

I dont know how apple genius would fix this, since they cant plug in their external, its definetly a software prolem though. Oh and Machintosh HD boots fine.

2. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

Your MacBook can take daily usage just fine. It's definitely made for it. It's mostly just bad luck you've had so many hard drive failures.

3. Supershuttle thread starter macrumors newbie

The bootcamp problem was actually caused by Bootcamp. I don't remember anything else about it.