Help!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by bots444, Mar 25, 2011.

1. bots444 macrumors newbie

Hi guys first time posting. I was just using my macbook and all of a sudden the screen just went black and the fan started running pretty hard. I am unable to power down the macbook. Even when i take the battery out and plug it back in the fan starts back up again and the screen is black. Did my video card just fry??

2. Dadioh macrumors 65816

Dadioh

What version of Macbook? I would try an SMC reset. The procedure depends on your vintage of Macbook. Sounds like you have a removeable battery so remove it. Unplug the masafe. Now hold down your power button for more than 5 seconds. Put your battery back in and plug the magsafe back in.

The SMC stores info that drives the fan speed among other things but wouldn't really explain the blank screen but worth a shot.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You may get better response to threads with this tip.
    You'll find a link to the SMC reset instructions at the bottom of the CHARGING section in the following link. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:

4. bots444 thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried all of these things....the SMC Reset and everything. I even went and bought a brand new charger, and it did the same exact thing. This is a macbook 13". The charger led should be red or amber colored when i plug it in, but it is a very faint green color and does not charge at all. Now the macbook is completely dead so I can't try anything else on it. I guess this means a trip to the genius bar :mad: