Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ManzanaUser3711

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 14, 2011
I got the Iphone4 and was able to sync my 3gs to itunes and back up my contacts and media. NO problem. I decided to keep iphone 3gs and had my aunt use it for wifi around the house. When it came to my notepad, i wrote it in manually on to my iphone4. i only a few to keep. I noticed that when i deleted i from the iphone3gs It WOULD ALSO GET DELETED FROM MY IPHONE4. i turned off wifi on my 3 series and then deleted but once i enable wifi on it.. my iphone 4's notepad would be cleared too. HOW DO I STOP THIS FROM HAPPENING ?

Last edited:

awadeee

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2011
Canada
I got the Iphone4 and was able to sync my 3gs to itunes and back up my contacts and media. NO problem. I decided to keep iphone 3gs and had my aunt use it for wifi around the house. When it came to my notepad, i wrote it in manually on to my iphone4. i only a few to keep. I noticed that when i deleted i from the iphone3gs It WOULD ALSO GET DELETED FROM MY IPHONE4. i turned off wifi on my 3 series and then deleted but once i enable wifi on it.. my iphone 4's notepad would be cleared too. HOW DO I STOP THIS FROM HAPPENING ?

Restore the 3Gs to factory defaults and set up as a new phone.

It sounds like both phones are syncing to the same backup with iTunes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.