Help!!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by drewdawg, Aug 9, 2011.

  1. drewdawg macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jul 28, 2010
    #1
    My old phone broke so I just got an iPhone 3GS from a friend and I previously used an iPod Touch 4G as an iPod.
    I was planning on getting the iPod Touch 5G as I have $150 to spend at Apple but now I'm not going to because I have an iPhone. Do you think I should sell my iPod touch 4G? I would get $115 for the iPod. Another question: Do you think I should pay $399 for the iPhone 5 when it comes out in September or wait until March when my contract is over and pay $199?
     
  2. EddyP macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Feb 12, 2010
    #2
    The 3GS is a great phone.

    You may also want to think about getting an iPhone 4 once the 5 comes out. The 4 should drop in price if budget is a concern.

    No need to decide now. Wait and see what the 5 has and decide at that time.
     
  3. awadeee macrumors 68020

    awadeee

    Joined:
    Jan 21, 2011
    Location:
    Viper City
    #3
    The 3Gs is still a decent phone, keep it as a phone and sell your iPod Touch 4th gen. Pocket the cash and use the Apple credit towards a new iPod.
     
  4. mofunk macrumors 68000

    mofunk

    Joined:
    Aug 26, 2009
    Location:
    Americas
    #4
    If you trade in your 3GS you might get credit for a iPhone 5. Right now Target and Radio Shack have that offer. You could wait and see if they will over that for the iPhone 5.
     
  5. maflynn Moderator

    maflynn

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    May 3, 2009
    Location:
    Boston
    #5
    See if AT&T will give you a better deal when the IP5 comes out, otherwise stick with the 3GS until and then get the IP5 when your contract expires
     
  6. eawmp1 macrumors 601

    eawmp1

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2008
    Location:
    FL
    #6
    If you get the 5 before your eligibility date you'll be spending about $40 extra a month ($200 differential divided by number of months between release of 5 and your upgrade eligibility).

    Unless you're one of those "gotta have the latest iPhone on release day" I'd wait.
     
  7. twitt3r macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2009
    #7
    I think you should do what you want within the budget you have. Clearly you want an iPhone 5, so get one as soon as you can afford one. If you don't want to spend so much up-front, wait. Simple really.
     
  8. DJinTX macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2010
    #8
    I have thought a lot about this since you asked...

    and I have decided that an iPhone 5 is not in your budget this year. You need to use the 3Gs for at least a year while you save your money. Then, in a year when iphone6 comes out, the iPhone5 will have a much reduced price. From there I will reconsider your budget again and decide if the iPhone5 is a practical purchase.
     

Share This Page