Help!!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by wngster, Aug 14, 2011.

1. wngster macrumors member

ook so i tried to jailbreak with green poison then i did wut it said to put it in dfu mode and nothing happened so i go to itunes to restore it and its stuck at downloading its staying at 40-50 minutes left what do i do

2. Nicolas4ever macrumors 6502a

Nicolas4ever

which is your device and which the iOS version?

3. wngster thread starter macrumors member

well duh the greenpois0n jailbreak is 4.2.1 and thats wut my ipod was:(

4. Nicolas4ever macrumors 6502a

Nicolas4ever

hold down the home and sleep button for 20-25 seconds (the shut down screen will appear but keep holding down the two buttons) When the apple appears, let go of the sleep button. It will then ask you to connect your ipod to itunes. Plug your ipod in your computer and click the shift restore

5. wngster thread starter macrumors member

no thats not the problem im restoring it its downladong the firmware but its stuck at 40-50 minutes and wont download and i obviously have internet cus im talking to u

6. Nicolas4ever macrumors 6502a

Nicolas4ever

ok sorry,go to http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/ and download the version you want.Then in itunes click shift (if its windows) and click restore and choose the firmware you installed and the restore will begin

(no need to be rude)

7. wngster thread starter macrumors member

ok i probably should start over so i put it in dfu mode trying to jb it then i went to itunes then hit restore it started downloading but it is stuck at 40-50 minutes left

8. Nicolas4ever macrumors 6502a

Nicolas4ever

just restart it

9. wngster thread starter macrumors member

its still downloadin and before i hit restore it wouldnt turn on

10. iQuickFix macrumors newbie

As Nicolas4ever has stated:

"ok sorry,go to http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/ and download the version you want.Then in itunes click shift (if its windows) and click restore and choose the firmware you installed and the restore will begin

(no need to be rude)"

Your issue is with iTunes downloading the firmware. If you go to the website he told you to, you will be downloading the real firmware from the apple server and it will solve your problem. If you refuse to try troubleshooting your problem with the advice given, we can not help you any further. Please try this method and you may be surprised.