Help!!!!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Yankee125xt, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Yankee125xt macrumors newbie

I don't know if this is in the right section, but here it goes anyway.

My order of the Lexar Echo ZX 32GB just got in...the only problem is, I thought it was like any other usb flash drive, i.e., drag and drop. This one instead needs a program to run and "Backup" your files. I really hate this option because I just wanted a large capacity usb flash drive.
    Is there anyway I can format the drive so I can use it as a drag and drop disk?

Thank you

2. TheRealDamager macrumors 65816

First of all, this is not a situation that merits a title of "Help!!!!!'. Having said that, I recommend you place this questions on a forum at the Lexar site.

3. Jordan9 macrumors member

Jordan9

You should be able to open Disk Utility and select the flash drive on the left side. Then select erase and and what kind of format you want the drive to be and let disk utility reformat it for you.

4. Yankee125xt thread starter macrumors newbie

Wow. real help you are...i put it here because i use the key on my macbook air..

anyway i'll try your method jordan, thanks!

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You may have better success in attracting responses to your threads in the future, and you'll make your threads easier to find for those searching for the same answers, if you follow this tip.

6. alecgold macrumors 6502a

alecgold

Hmmmm, this doesn't look to me as a "help" situation either, but that's beside the question.
    If the disk utility doesn't work, often there are forums on the website of the manufacturer where the solution can be found, and/or there is in the support/download section of the manufacturers site an application to remove the software and the extra disk-partition. I had that with some Sandisk sticks that came with some bloatware.