Help

funkyjosh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 29, 2012
i recently jailbroke my ipad 1 on ios 5.0.1 but i have decided to get rid of the jailbreak, i know how to do that but i just have afew questions, is it safe and if i click restore will it redownload ios 5.0.1 or use the one that i already have

thanks,
funkyjosh

rocknblogger

macrumors 68020
Apr 2, 2011
New Jersey
i recently jailbroke my ipad 1 on ios 5.0.1 but i have decided to get rid of the jailbreak, i know how to do that but i just have afew questions, is it safe and if i click restore will it redownload ios 5.0.1 or use the one that i already have

thanks,
funkyjosh
If you just click "restore" in iTunes it will download whatever is the latest copy. And yes it's safe.

funkyjosh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 29, 2012
is there any way to get around that because i dont have enough bandwith to download another one :)

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
is there any way to get around that because i dont have enough bandwith to download another one :)
On a Windows PC, you hold down shift as you click "restore." On a Mac, I think you hold down the alt/option key. If not, try other keys like ctrl or command until you find the right one. Doing this brings up a dialogue box where you can point iTunes to your already downloaded ipsw.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.