Help!!!

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by macbook pro i5, Feb 3, 2012.

1. macbook pro i5 macrumors 65816

macbook pro i5

I can't install reinstall osx lion on my MacBook Pro because it says i need the recovery partition,which brings me to my next problem the lion recovery partition is gone and no I didn't install bad software or anything,So then i tried to be smart and create a new partition so that i could install it on there and slowly move my stuff to the new partition and delete the old one,But it won't let me create a partition!!!!It says error,Then i tried using internet recovery but that gave the same error as when i tried reinstalling lion.Thus I took my 10.6 recovery disk and put it in, then I tried installing 10.6 on the Macintosh HD but it wouldn't let me install 10.6 on that disk.So my question is what do I do how can i wipe my hard drive and reinstall 10.7 or even 10.6,for that matter?if anyone can help the will get 100000000000000 internet points which are not redeemable anywhere but they will forever be yours:D

2. Macman45 macrumors G5

Macman45

Assuming you have the original installation disk for your Mac.

Copy all your information to an external source (USB HDD etc.)

Boot with the installation DVD in the drive whilst holding down CMD+OPTION keys.

Re-install OSX, then try the internet upgrade again.

Moral of the story is Bacup your stuff using a Time Capsule or NAS device!

3. macbook pro i5 thread starter macrumors 65816

macbook pro i5

I already back up everything works I'm typing from it right now but it won't let me reinstall lion or snow leopard perhaps any better advice?

4. macbook pro i5 thread starter macrumors 65816

macbook pro i5

Thanks for truant but I think there is something wrong with the HDD I guess I'll have it fixed at an apple reseller:(