Help!!!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by z.fursman, Apr 27, 2012.

1. z.fursman macrumors newbie

Hi guys, i got given an iPhone a few months back, before the 5.1 update. At the time, i was on Three network and the phone was Orange so I jailbroke it and unlocked it myself, which involved resetting the baseband to iPad. Then when the iOS 5.1 came out, I got sick to death of the tethered jailbreak and so decided to restore my phone to it's former glory and get an Orange sim card, forgetting about the iPad baseband. Now, whenever I try to activate the phone I am getting this message...
    "Your iPhone could not be activated because the activation server is temporarily unavailable. Try connecting your iPhone to iTunes to activate it, or try again in a few minutes.
    If this problem persists, contact Apple Support at apple.com/support"
    I have done everything mentioned in that except call them, which im trying to put off for as long as possible. Any ideas?

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

Ipad baseband will not let you install stock firware you must install cooked only. Ie redsn0w.

3. z.fursman thread starter macrumors newbie

Im trying to remove the jailbreak completely. but i not cannot get past the setting up of the phone to do anything with it

4. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

You got the answer. You must restore the phone correctly using a No_BB IPSW

5. z.fursman thread starter macrumors newbie

what is a No_BB ISPW. i know what an ISPW is but never heard of "No_bb"

----------

ok, so just googled all that, and i think i understand how to do it. I have redsn0w, if i jailbreak that with custom ispw of 5.0.1 with no baseband, then delete the jailbreak after that, will that work?

6. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

iClarified.com has tutorials, look for one for 3GS with No_BB or custom IPSW

7. z.fursman thread starter macrumors newbie

still totally baffled and cant find anything on that site. i've downloaded the custom IPSW and put it into my Redsn0w Custom IPSW and put it into Pwned DFU mode. it then tells me to do the rest through iTunes but i dont understand what it is I need to do with iTunes

8. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Shift(or in Mac use Option)+click restore in iTunes and select your custom IPSW. Let it restore and there you go. It should be fixed.

9. z.fursman thread starter macrumors newbie

it's giving me an error window. 1600 if that means anything? saying it cant do it

10. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

with your phone having an ipad baseband on it. Even you restore it with a customs firmware, you still can't activate it because if its current baseband. Basically, if you want your phone is useable, you will need to jailbreak it, then install Ultrasn0w to unlock it so you can use with any sim. Otherwise, it can't be recognized it even you put your AT&T sim in the phone after it restores.

11. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Google how to clear your host file(You might be able to use TinyUmbrella for this. Google it.). Also, make doubly sure that your iPhone is in Pwned DFU mode and NOT recovery. Your iPhone's screen should remain blank through most of the process until iTunes takes over the restore.

12. z.fursman thread starter macrumors newbie

i tried unlocking it after the iOS 5.1 was released and it wouldnt work.

13. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

That's because Ultrasn0w isn't updated for iOS 5.1 yet. You'll have to wait until it's ready for 5.1 or see if you can downgrade the firmware using SHSH blobs saved from Cydia and/or TinyUmbrella.

14. z.fursman thread starter macrumors newbie

im getting so confused by all this! haha. i'll try installing the jailbreak on it again and see what happens. although the phone hasnt even restored from me wiping it... does that matter?!

15. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

It shouldn't. Google TinyUmbrella and use that program to save your SHSH blobs from your iPhone as well as from Cydia then report back with what you have. I'll walk you through it from there.

16. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

That is correct. However, you can use ultrasn0w fixer to unlock it for now if you want to keep it at 5.1. Here is the instruction;

http://www.redmondpie.com/unlock-io...ne-3gs-using-ultrasn0w-fixer-how-to-tutorial/

You can also restore it to 4.1, then jailbreak with redsn0w, reflash ipad baseband and install ultrasn0w to unlock your phone. For some reason, Apple still signs 4.1 fw. I just restored my friend 3GS to 4.1 fw 2 days ago.

17. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

You make your own custom/No_BB IPSW
    If you couldn't find an appropriate tutorial on iClarified, honestly, you didn't look very hard.

18. z.fursman thread starter macrumors newbie

ive downloaded it and unchecked something about hosts cause it mentioned basebands being rewritten. after that the only thing i could click was "run tss server" so im doing that currently. it says next to it "to restore your device using saved SHSH press Start TSS Server. may stop that actually... that doesnt sound right!

Never mind, got it onto save shsh. or at least i did, now it's jumped into recovery mode!

----------

ok, so the SHSHs are now saved. what do i do?

19. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Which ones do you have Saved? It should tell you under the details tab. Also, make sure to check the "Request SHSH from Cydia" and then click Save SHSH again so that you get the blobs from both Cydia and Apple.