Help!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Marcomb11, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Marcomb11, Nov 18, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2013

Marcomb11 macrumors newbie

My MacBook Pro is bugging out. It's about 5-6years old.. My suspicions are battery or charger (damaged or worn out). Can anyone refer me to a legit MacBook Pro repair guy? On a budget of course. Need to resolve this ASAP coz I've got my wife's files of her restaurant in there. Didn't get to back it up coz my HD is still being replaced..

2. Macman45, Nov 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2013

Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Posting your own telephone details is a breach of forum rules, and of course, unsafe.

I'd suggest you edit the post and remove it.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Can you be more specific? What are the symptoms?

4. Marcomb11 thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh. Sorry bout that. New here. Preciate it. Uhm.. Symptoms? When I plug it, it doesn't charge immediately. I have to fiddle with it for a few mins.. (Bout 5 and up) before it actually starts charging. And also the battery drains fast and last night took forever to charge. Slept before midnight and opened it round 10am and it wasn't even at 100% yet. Only 97%. And it was shut down and charging last night.

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You could have a poor connection between your charger and your Mac. Check out the link for Troubleshooting MagSafe adapters at the bottom of the CHARGING section of the Battery FAQ. Also, for battery, power, or charging issues, you might try resetting the SMC.
    The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.

6. Marcomb11 thread starter macrumors newbie

Wow thanx! Will definitely do that later tonight when my wife gets back. Keep u posted. Again, appreciate t!