Help

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by jeffyspinale, Oct 29, 2014.

1. jeffyspinale macrumors newbie

Hello,

I am not sure where to post, but I am desperate so I'll just post on here. A few days ago, I downloaded uTorrent on this laptop. Before I went ahead and did it, my roommate have been suggesting me to download it. He didn't have any difficulties so I assumed that would apply to me. Boy, I was wrong.

After I downloaded the uTorrent, my Safari and Google Chrome would continue to pop up different websites such as:

mackeeper
    roblox
    and so many more websites.

I have tried to disable extensions. I have tried resetting Safari. I have tried to remove the history. Is there any way where I can finally prevent from popping any more ads?

Please do respond as soon as possible.

Thanks!

Jeffyspinale

2. Partron22 macrumors 68000

Partron22

Perhaps you got some malware along w your copy of µTorrent.
    Where'd you download it from, the official site, or some sketchy aggregator?
    It sounds like you've been infested with parasitic browser addons. Activity Monitor, and your roommate, can help you find and squash them.

3. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

Not much doubt about it - try and get software from official sites and you can avoid this hassle.

Have a read here with some guidance on how to remove it http://www.thesafemac.com/arg/