Help...

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Casian, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Casian macrumors newbie

Casian

So this is quite a long read, thank you for your time!
    So a couple days ago I jail broke my ios 8.4 iPad 3. A tweak I got wasn't working well and wouldn't let me download things off the app store anymore so without checking I pressed reset all settings and contents because I had a back up on my computer. I left my iPad overnight to do its thing and reset. I wake up and no progress has been made to the bar underneath the apple logo, so now I panic and I go online to see what to do and I found out about recovery mode so I do that. But my iTunes doesn't detect my iPad when I plug it in nor my iPhone. I have tried downgrading my itunes to no avail because it says a file of the newer version already exists. Please help, thank you.

2. Casian thread starter macrumors newbie

Casian

update it now shows a depleted battery with just a little bit of red, but it is charging

3. rudeguy macrumors newbie

Download the IPSW for your ipad. I use https://ipsw.me/ but get it wherever you like. Plug your ipad into your computer. Hold down the home button for 5 seconds, while still holding that down, hold down the power button for 15 seconds, then release the power button. The "connect to itunes" screen should show up. On your computer you will see that itunes wants you to restore your iPad. Press "shift" and click on the "restore" button. Select the IPSW file you downloaded.

This will put your iPad back to 100% stock and delete everything.