Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KSpinzUrEyz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 6, 2019
Basically last week in my pocket my iPhone 6 decided to hit the accessibility shortcut with guided touch voice over and I couldn't get it to turn off this mode and basically after 10 times entering passcode incorrectly dueto voice over adding numbers and letters instead of just6 numbers it had disabled my phone and says connect itunes But it will not connect to iTunes to sync it to fix or restore it.. I've been on the phone and chats with apple techs several times they are telling me I need to have it to sync to iTunes to restore or update it welli have tried the update and it came back still disabled and I do not currently have a backup for some reason I don't know why or why it doesn't show on my iCloud account but I do not have one and even if I hit restore or use 3utools to even flash my iPhone it basically does the same thing it says it's completing the the action and does so and it's still coming back to phone is disabled because of the passcode what to do I tried to fully restore the phone back to factory settings and it won't even do that. Please can somebody please help me get this phone back working and not disabled to working order it's been over a week I'm ready to fling the Fing thing out the window

KSpinzUrEyz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 6, 2019
That’s one heckuva a sentence. Would have been better with punctuation to finish though.
Sorry for the LONG RUN ON SENTENCE. But driving and well I don't think the voice feature can pick up every single punctuation there is.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
DFU restore it. You’ll lose the data but revive the phone. Then restore a backup.
OP's statement in the first post…

…I do not currently have a backup for some reason I don't know why or why it doesn't show on my iCloud account but I do not have one…

That may revive the phone but with no backup there is nothing to restore. Something I imagine OP wants to avoid.

KSpinzUrEyz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 6, 2019
OP's statement in the first post…

That may revive the phone but with no backup there is nothing to restore. Something I imagine OP wants to avoid.
I do want to avoid losing my stuff but unfortunately at this point I don't care if I lose it. I do know how to get it back. I do know there is a backup someone with all of them and I'm not worried. The issue is it does not want complete the restore

AppleHaterLover

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2018
I do want to avoid losing my stuff but unfortunately at this point I don't care if I lose it. I do know how to get it back. I do know there is a backup someone with all of them and I'm not worried. The issue is it does not want complete the restore

Is it an iPhone 6?

Download the firmware directly (http://osxdaily.com/2018/12/17/ios-12-1-2-update-download-ipsw/)

Get your phone into DFU mode

Then on iTunes, hold Option on your Mac (or Ctrl on windows) click Restore and select the file.

Your iPhone should come back as new. Then you might be able to restore a backup.

Even withou a backup, your contacts, notes etc. should come right back.

KSpinzUrEyz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 6, 2019

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
And in the future, beware of the devil in your pocket. It's not unheard of to think you locked the phone before sticking it in your pocket (but didn't) and to find out later in the day that the screen was on & active and some apps (with your data on it) got deleted as all the icons start jiggling because a long press (in your pocket) prepped them for delete.

So always always always turn on restrictions to prevent deletion of apps.

This has happened to me twice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.