Help!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by chhc, Jun 27, 2007.

  1. chhc macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 5, 2007
    #1
    I have made my choice that i want a mac book pro but i do not know when to buy it. I start college September 25 so i was wondering if i should just wait until October and pass up the free ipod and printer for leopard and possible minor mac book pro change/updates or if i should just buy now. My biggest reason to buy now is the free ipod, free printer plus it would give me time to get acquainted with osx before school starts (im making the switch from pc). But I really don't need a computer until school so there is no need to buy now. But i also do not want to wait three months just to save 70 bucks for leopard and have no MBP changes to go along with it... Anyone have any input or thoughts? thanks
     
  2. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    Oct 31, 2006
    #2
    There will be no updates to MBP's in October, they were just updated. If you want the 17 inch, you might want to wait for LED. I'd say buy now...$300 in free stuff vs. paying $70 for leopard, which doesn't need to be done right away.
     
  3. chhc thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 5, 2007
    #3
    i know there will be no major updates but do you think there will be any minor to go hand in hand with leopard? i would also want a 15 inch... Also another question... If i signed up for the student ADC program and use my one time discount would i still be eligible for a free ipod?
     
  4. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    Oct 31, 2006
    #4
    I really don't think there will be anything minor. Before the June 5th release, it had been 8 months since updates. October from now is about 3 months away. You would not be eligible for the free ipod with the student developer discount.
     

Share This Page