Help!

Nats16

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 30, 2007
Lancashire
i have messed up my ipod by trying to jailbreak it! it says i have 300mb of memory and when i try to plug into itunes it says it is an iphone and that i need to re-install itunes??? is that what i should do?

Help please! lol

techlover828

macrumors 68020
Jun 28, 2007
Maine
i have messed up my ipod by trying to jailbreak it! it says i have 300mb of memory and when i try to plug into itunes it says it is an iphone and that i need to re-install itunes??? is that what i should do?

Help please! lol
first try reseting it, then, if that doesn't work, reinstall itunes and then try reseting it.

If that doesn't work there is a way to make it force reset (although I can't think of how to do it)

dagored

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2007
Florida
Re-installing itunes didn't work any other ideas?
Do the following EXACTLY

open itunes
-plug ipod into computer
-hold both sleep/wake and home button until ipod restarts.
-let go of of the sleep/wake button when you see apple logo.
-hold home button until itunes pops up with recovery mode
-click yes, and your ipod with be restored to its factory settings.

Nats16

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 30, 2007
Lancashire
a. Use iTunes to restore your iPod.
b. Learn to search.
If you had bothered to read my question properly you would realise it wasn't showing up in itunes so i wasn't able to do that. Thanks everyone else i managed to fix it by doing a system reset on my pc and by re-installing itunes again.

phewwwwwww!:cool:

PR.

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2005
Bedford, UK
I had this problem and after putting the iPod in recovery mode and nearly having a panic attack when iTunes couldn't do a restore I rebooted my computer and it all restored.

The second attempt worked fine. I would definitely say people should restore to defaults before jailbreaking :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.