Help!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by PRS Panic, Dec 1, 2007.

1. PRS Panic macrumors newbie

Something is wrong with my iPod Touch. It's jailbroken with 1.1.1 software. It will only take a charge from a wall adapter and iTunes can't even recognize it. Any suggestions?
    Thanks.

2. Draythor macrumors 6502

Draythor

wack it against a desk! smash it!
    but seriously, restart your computer and reset your touch.

3. PRS Panic thread starter macrumors newbie

4. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

there's away to force reset it while its connected to your computer, although I forget exactly how :eek: Anyone like to jog my memory?

5. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

only way is a forced recovery mode

huck ipod up to pc and load itunes up............... hold the home and lock buttons, touch will turn off keep the buttons held down when the apple logo appears let go of the lock key only leaving home button down eventually the itunes logo and a usb connecter will show on screen and itunes will detect the touch in recovery mode. click ok then hold shift and click restore now its a case of pointing to where the 1.1.1 restore file is. (this is normally at %appdata%\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPod Software Updates on a pc)

6. Ipodtouchmaster macrumors newbie

Ipodtouchmaster

Restore

U can always try restoring it usin iTunes but if u like ur jailbreak don't upgrade to 1.1.2 since most jailbreaking programs dont work for that iPod version yet, such as jailbreakme.com... or try restarting ur iPod like andy said.

7. PRS Panic thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok so I finally got it into recovery mode, but my mac still won't detect it in iTunes.

8. bennypod macrumors member

Oh that stinks! The only way to get out of recovery mode is to restore. Sorry dude.

9. isshou macrumors member

isshou

nope.

You can turn it off by holding over 10 seconds the "home" and "hold" switches.

Regarding the iPod Touch not being recognized by iTunes, make sure it is directly connected to your computer, that is NOT through USB hubs.

If still doesn't work, try Apple's trouble shouting guide for these cases

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=306640

Don't worry, get calm and follow each step. You will recover your iPod.

Let us know how did it go or come back for some more help.

good luck.

10. PRS Panic thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok everything is fixed now. I ended up having to restore it through a PC and after that my mac finally recognized it. Thanks for the help guys.

11. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

the conceited software 1.1.2 jailbreak works a treat so if you have 1.1.1 jailbreak its not hard to upgrade to a jailbroken 1.1.2