Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sb89

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 30, 2008
hey,

ok, so i just got my iphone, and I really have no idea what im doing lol.

i surfed the net and saved some images from my library, and i can choose to delete those if i want, but how do i delete images that i have brought onto my iphone as a folder from itunes...

and also, so do i put on single images, instead of folders??

please help!

sb89

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 30, 2008
re: HELP!!

i mean...

i want to put on individual photos on my iphone, not folders, FROM my computer, how do i do that?

and how do i delete photos from the folders i have sent over onto my phone from the computer (through itunes)...

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
Okay, you can't move individual photos to the iPhone, but what I did was make an iPhone folder within iPhoto (two, actually), named "iPhone pics" and "iPhone Wallpaper." Those are the only two photo folders I have iTunes sync.

You can only delete pics that are in your camera roll, not pics that have been synced from iPhoto. When you get to one you want to delete, just tap on the photo once, and you'll see a menu of sorts appear. There's a trash can there, and you can delete the pic that way. You can also assign pictures to your contacts, assign wallpaper, and e-mail pics by doing the same, and you can do that from any of the pictures in the iPhone.

If you want to delete pics that are in iPhoto folders, remove them from your iPhoto folder, and they'll be gone next time you sync.

HTH

sb89

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 30, 2008
well thanks a mill guys!

i wasnt sure if i could delete photos i had brought over from itunes, but its clear now

thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.