Help!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Macnator, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Macnator macrumors 6502

Ok. My iPod Touch would not sync at all with my Mac. I kept getting various error messages. After a while I tried to restore it. First try failed. I tried again and now it is restored. But with one small problem. The January software upgrade is not on my iPod Touch anymore. All those apps are gone. Is there a way for me to re-download it? I've already paid for it back when I got it.

Anybody?

2. Insulin Junkie macrumors 65816

Insulin Junkie

EDIT: Jailbreak and download the upgrade from the installer?

3. asskick3r macrumors regular

asskick3r

You can download 2.0 for free... and that comes with the January update as well. pm me for teh link.

4. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

Or... you could obtain it legally by contacting iTunes support. It should still be on the computer that you sync with (if that is where you originally downloaded it.) But if not, they will usually let you re-download the update.

However, I would just pay the $10 for the 2.0 software which includes the January Update.

5. Macnator thread starter macrumors 6502

Alright.. Can I use an iTunes gift card to purchase the 2.0 update? Because I tried to use my store credit (gift card) balance to buy it, it would not let me, Now that I have less than $9.99 in store credit left, it tells me I have "Insufficient Store Credit" so it seems like I can use store credit.

Thoughts?

6. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Yea you can buy the upgrade using gift card credit. that's what i did.