Help!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tweekskratch, Nov 24, 2008.

1. tweekskratch macrumors member

I have a desktop at home with final cut studio on it.. I need to get it onto my laptop! I tried to just copy the apps but no dice, and I can't find the discs because they are buried in piles of moving boxes. Is there a way to transfer the app over to my laptop? Thanks SOO MUCH!

Tweek

2. chainprayer macrumors 6502a

look in your library -> application support folders.

be sure to check the folder in your user folder and your root folder :)

i know photoshop had some stuff from there i had to copy

3. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

With the major number of files (and the many locations it puts them) that it installs I sadly think you are out of luck without your installer disks- plus you will need the serial number from them too since it will need to be activated when it is installed on the laptop. Good luck!

EDIT: I recently went through the moving thing too and found that on one set of disks I needed to retrieve from somewhere in the boxes it turned out to be easier (and quicker) to call the company and get them to send me a replacement set, so that is another thought.

4. tweekskratch thread starter macrumors member

are there certain files that I could copy over that would at least allow me to open the app? Otherwise I may have to order some new ones..

5. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

I am really not sure, but would suggest that you might find some answers regarding that by searching the Pro Apps section of the Apple Discussions board or posting there too. Wish I had more definite answers!:(