Help

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking' started by leamyb, Aug 17, 2009.

1. leamyb macrumors newbie

Ok here we go I have a vpn set up with my company on my windows based laptop. I want to set it up on my beautiful mac that I got so I dont have to fire up this dinosaur the they gave me I have all the info EXCEPT the gentlemen that I spoke with said it is an open connection and I do not need a SHARED SECRET OR A CERTIFICATE what do I do?
    :confused::apple:

2. belvdr macrumors 603

Care to elaborate what VPN client you are using on your Windows machine? If using an IPSec client, there's a pre-shared key or certificate somewhere.

3. leamyb thread starter macrumors newbie

Where do I find that info out I'm a big dummy when it comes to this stuff but I'm trying my best to learn

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

You may get better results (ie: more help) if you follow one of these little tips when posting a new thread.
    Picture 3.jpg

And the guy asked what VPN client you're using. Answer that and you may find your solution.

5. belvdr macrumors 603

What program do you launch to connect to the VPN on your Windows machine? Is it a Cisco VPN Client, SecuRemote, or is it just another network connection listed in your control panel?

6. leamyb thread starter macrumors newbie

It is another network connection on my control panel

7. belvdr macrumors 603

Right click that thing and click Properties. Get as much detail from it as you can (such as PPTP, L2TP, etc).