Help?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Theather, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Theather macrumors newbie

Hi guys

I just moved myself to mac recently i bought a mac book pro i am happy with the performance of the machine except one thing , the internet. In my House i have 3 laptops with windows that all connected via wireless to the adsl router which as the speed of 7 Megas , all the windows computer work fine with the wireless internet but when i switch on the mac the mac is very very slowly on browsing internet and it takes ages to :confused:open pages , so slowly that to open this page it took me more or less 3-4 minutes , Can you guys tell me why this happen how can i resolve this problem ?

Best regards

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Can you tell us what specific router you have and the network settings used on the router and your MBP?

Do any of the Windows machines upload something?

A more descriptive and precise thread title will help cater to the right audience and get you more responses. (see rule #3 under Minor Problems)
    To edit your thread title, just click on the [​IMG] button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the "Go Advanced" button below your message.

Have you also taken a look at MRoogle, since that question may have been asked several times?

3. TheBritishBloke macrumors 68030

TheBritishBloke

Sounds like another machine is using up all the bandwidth. Or do you have an old 802.11b/g router?

4. AD7863 macrumors newbie

AD7863

My guess is that your routers not very good or someone else is using up all the speed by downloading something.

Buy a new 802.11n wireless router and things will be a lot faster.

5. Theather thread starter macrumors newbie

For instance Now i switch off all of the windows computers , one off them when i want to use to download stuff from internet i connect Via Ethernet not wireless , but still the internet on the mac are very slow The Router that i have is a OEM Brand Adsl/Adsl2+ Interface wifi 802.11b/g with with the internet speed 7 Mbs , do you guys think if i change router the problem is solved ?

Just did a Speed Test using the same server test here the results :

Pc-Windows
    Download 6.87 mbs/s
    Upload 0.4 mbs/s
    Ping 65 ms!

Macbook Pro
    Download- 1.3 mbs/s
    Upload- 0.3 mb/s
    Ping 69 mb/s
    Cumps