Helpful info for people who couldn't get applecare+

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Itsmorowind, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Itsmorowind macrumors member

I called apple about the common issue of people not being able to purchase applecare+ with their iphone 4s.

I asked the automated system to direct me to Iphone sales. I explained the problem to the rep. I wasn't able to purchase applecare+ while preordering my iphone 4s. He sounded surprised like he had never heard of this issue before.
    He told me that I would have to go to an apple store and physically purchase applecare+ (that isn't an option for me because I live too far away). He said that he wasn't able to register the applecare+ to my account and I would have to do it myself before October 14th.

I decided about 10 minutes after the call that this wasn't acceptable. It was apple's fault that I couldn't purchase applecare+ with my phone in the first place. So i called back, asked for iphone sales again.

I told the 2nd person the exact same thing I told the first person. The second person realized that this was a common problem among customers. He apologized, took my information down, and told me that he would forward it to customer service and they would take care of everything.

2. rkahl macrumors 65816

You have 14 days to return your iPhone. Just remind them this and if necessary you might want to tell them that you will just return your iPhone and repurchase this time with AppleCare +. Don't believe apple reps, they hire in time of need. Always ask for a manager.

3. Itsmorowind thread starter macrumors member

Well according to the 2nd rep he said he sent my info to customer service and they would take care of everything for me. I didn't want to Return and reorder because then I wouldn't get it on the 14th.

4. pasipple macrumors 6502a

pasipple

As established on other threads here...you can purchase Applecare+ anytime prior to 12 months from the purchase date (states so in the Terms and Conditions).

Not to knock...Applecare+ and the desire for those that choose to purchase it...but it's $99 to purchase and $49 per incident. That's roughly $150 for an incident. Someone stated on another thread that in the past it's cost $230 for any major incident repairs without Applecare. (Don't have any personal knowledge on this myself).

Just a thought...

5. VDubb macrumors 6502

Did anyone else get an email about adding AppleCare+?

"Dear Apple Customer,

Thank you for your recent iPhone purchase at the Apple Online Store.

We would like to let you know that every iPhone comes with one year of
    hardware repair coverage through its limited warranty and up to
    90 days of complimentary support. AppleCare+ for iPhone extends your
    coverage to two years from the original purchase date of your iPhone
    and adds up to two incidents of accidental damage coverage, each
    subject to a $49 service fee.

We noticed you weren’t given the opportunity to add AppleCare+ to your
    iPhone. If you would like to extend your coverage for only $99, please
    reply to this email.

Thank you for shopping with Apple.

Sincerely,
    Apple Online Store Team"