Helping a Apple pipp with his first imac. Bootcamp/Windows/Games and Wireless

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Battlefrost, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Battlefrost macrumors newbie

Hello,

I was hoping you'd be able to help me. I've recently purchased a new imac 21.5" 2.8GHz Intel Core i7. It is working very very well and i'm over the moon with it.

I wanted to install Windows 7 so i could play all games on it as well as use the mac for working functions. The bootcamp installation went fine and my new copy windows is up and running however when go to install a game and error message regarding direct X appears. (The games are compatible with windows 7) The message asks me to reinstall Directx 9.0c to continue. However I can't find it to uninstall it to then reinstall it and it won't let me download and replace the current directx9.0 (which windows 7 comes with anyway :s).

I downloaded a patch to cover the older versions of direct x but it says i have a more uptodate version and also updated my graphics card driver. Still to no avail. Any help would be appreciated. I can provide more information if what i have said so far is too sparse.

One other thought. Obviously the imac has wireless capability but when in windows mode it is lacking the ability to search for the network. Do i need to download a driver for this? Or get some physical hardware like a wireless router. I'm very new to this so i hope these questions don't seem insultingly stupid/obvious.

Many thanks. :)

2. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Did you install bootcamp drivers?

Normally you would install bootcamp drivers included on the Mac restore disk.

Not sure how it works with the HD restore partition only Lion. Maybe you can see it as an additional disk in windows?