Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MillieWales

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 15, 2003
UK
Hi, not sure if this is in the right section...

A mate of mine has just bought a MB, he wants to get all his Outlook 2003 details - I guess contacts and calendars - onto the MB into iCal and Address Book.

Is there an app to help him? I wasnt sure if he just needed to export the details and then import them into the two apps on the MB?

Also he wants to connect his phone to the MB - a WM5 MDA vario, a pda/phone and he wants to be able to share diray info and I guess address book info with his MB. I would have thought bluetooth was the connection of choice though no idea if they will just happily talk to each other.

Can anyone help him out? He has thrown down the challenge and lots of his PC friends are s******ing that 'it should be easy' and 'I bet it wont work', I want to make sure his first few days with his Mac are good.

Cheers

Lesser Evets

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2006
If he JUST purchased the MacBook, he can call Apple and get excellent, hands on, live person talking at him about how to handle that.

sdubois92

macrumors member
Aug 23, 2006
Fairhaven, MA
you can export your contacts and cals from out look and import them into address book and i Cal as far as i know.

I dont use a cell phone, and i havent worked with them much but i bet that iSync should pick it up fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.