Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vols

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 25, 2013
Using an i5 from Verizon...Was recently jailbroken, but due to issues I am restoring my iPhone. When connected...iTunes recognizes my phone s/n as "n/a". Downloading the software took hours but it finished. The software extracts fine, but then I receive different errors. I can't use my phone at all. Can someone please assist? Been without a phone for a good 5-6 hours now...

When powering on...my phone automatically goes into Restore Mode. I click Restore iPhone...then I receive the "Are you sure..." I hit restore...when it waits for iPhone...my phone restarts and acts like its going to restore as it shows the progress bar and then the screen slowly "fades" away and reboots back into recovery mode.

Last edited:

vols

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 25, 2013
Odd enough, my phone has been working fine since the restore...now a week later, the issue that originally caused me to restore in the first place has returned. Randomly, while charging and playing Pandora, my phone randomly stops playing music and the screen slowly fades away and reboots. The loop reboot continues until I hard reset my phone twice. It seems to be working fine now, but it really seems to be a hardware problem, since I've restored my iPhone to stock. Unless you guys know something I don't...

vols

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 25, 2013
Phone is in a recovery mode loop. I try to restore and my phone get to a good 10-15% and the apple logo turns blue and restarts itself...getting the error 9.

Can someone please assist in this. I can no long boot my phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.