Helping setting up 2 ipads on one computer

Discussion in 'iPad' started by theanimala, Jun 18, 2012.

1. theanimala macrumors 6502

So I have just upgraded my iPad 1 to an iPad 3. Rather than sell my old iPad I have decided to pass it down to the kids. What I would like to do is let both iPads have access to the same iTunes library so certain purchased games can be shared across both devices without having to buy them twice. The only way I can think of doing this is to have both machines have the same Itunes account info. I would rather have a separate iTunes account for the kids so when they buy games they only appear on their iPad, and when I buy games they only appear on iPad 3, unless we want to install it on both on purpose.

Is there any way to do this?

2. sbddude macrumors 6502a

Use the same iTunes account and turn icloud app syncing off. Apps that you want on both, manually download on both.

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Also, make sure that in iTunes, "automatically sync new apps" is unchecked for both devices.

4. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

That's all you need to do. You can still use iCloud backup. New purchases won't be pushed to the other device as long as you have the option unchecked.

No, you can't use two separate iTunes account, unless you are willing to buy same apps twice.

5. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

nah just sign in to account A in the app store on the ipad, download what you want in your purchases. sign out, sign into account B. you have to sign in to update apps but yeah.