HELPP, PHONE charger issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Krissteeele, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Krissteeele macrumors newbie

Krissteeele

Basically I'm on holiday and my iPhone 6 won't charge at all but the thing is when the phones off and i connect it to the USB port the phone then starts up so surely the cable is not done in.
    Any help would be appreciated...

2. keysofanxiety macrumors G3

keysofanxiety

You could still try a different cable; if there's any crimping, it may prevent consistent charging.

You can also hold the power button & home button down at the same time until you see the Apple logo and it restarts.

If you don't have a spare cable, it may be worth trying the cable into the mains, or through a laptop/computer. They will always charge better when plugged into the mains.

3. Krissteeele thread starter macrumors newbie

Krissteeele

The cable is a brand new one and I have tried it in every socket, changed the USB plug restarted it and still nothing is there anything else that I could do

4. keysofanxiety macrumors G3

keysofanxiety

You could try clean out the charging port on the phone as best you can. If you have any sort of isopropyl alcohol to hand, that'd be the best thing... otherwise you can try some kitchen roll; scrunch it up inside the port and give it a wiggle around.

You can try turn the phone off as soon as it turns back on and leave it on charge for a couple of hours, so it doesn't automatically turn back on. See if that does the trick.

Is there an Apple Store anywhere where you are? If so, you can take it there for them to assess -- wouldn't matter where you purchased it as it's a global warranty.

5. HEK macrumors 68040

HEK

Pocket lint in lightning port. Dig it out with wood toothpick, don't use metal probe.