Helpp! :(

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by guesttt, Dec 11, 2011.

1. guesttt macrumors newbie

i dropped my iphone 3gs into a bucket of water, then i took it out and tried drying it using the fan and hair dryer. then later i found out that i have to put my phone into a bag of rice. i left it in there for 4days. when i tried charging it, it wouldnt turn on after a while. after it shows the silver apple, it shows the pinwheel spinning and spinning... how do i turn it back on? :(

2. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

3. guesttt thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

5. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

You could try holding down the power and home buttons simultaneously to force a restart.

If that doesn't work, you can force it into recovery mode by turning it off and holding down the home button while you connect it to your computer. This would potentially allow you to restore the phone's software. ...Though I might be somewhat leery connecting this phone to your computer.

Also, you can take it to a Genius Bar and see if they can resuscitate it.

Though it doesn't sound good. :(

6. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

7. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

It doesn't matter. Water has already hit the logic board and likely fried all of the connections. You can try bringing it to the apple store and see what they say. Just be honest and say its water damage and maybe your genius will be sympathetic.

8. guesttt thread starter macrumors newbie

when i press the on/off button and the home button together nothing happens.. the pinwheel is still spinning.. :(

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

10. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

If all you ever wanted out of an iPhone is a spinning wheel of death then it's fine.

You need to take it to Apple. Make an appointment first.