helppppp (unblocking WiFi just when I need to use it)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by taini, Aug 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taini macrumors newbie

My iPod is used my everybody in my family because of you tube and safari. I am not allowed to lock it so is there any way I can block my wi fi connection and unblock when I need to use it? I already know how to turn it off from settings and so does everybody else. Is there any other way? Please help .... By the way the connection I get is not mine, it's my neighbours that is unlocked.

2. ChristopheJD macrumors regular

You want to lock the iPod so only you can use the internet?

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Thanks for posting the most descriptive title. Good job following the helpful hints just above the title bar when you go to make a post.

That said, if you know the password to your wireless connection then simply "forget" the connection each time (remote it from the list) and reconnect each time. Too many steps for me, but seems like it's your only solution. If your family uses your iPod Touch to access the internet through your neighbor's connection then that is your issue.

Who paid for the iPod? If your family did (meaning you didn't) then sit back, relax, and do nothing.

4. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

Jess:- the WiFi is unblocked.

If you didn't pay for the iPod, then you can't take it away regardless.

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Conversely, if you paid for the ipod, tell your family you don't want them using it -- if it's yours, they should respect your rights to not have them use it.

6. Big Willie macrumors member

So, let me get this straight, you're stealing wifi from your neighbor yet you want to prevent your family from using said stolen wifi?

:eek:

7. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

So you STEAL from your neighbor's network connection and you don't want other people in your family to use what is not yours?

8. taini thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks

Relax people we don't STEAL it we share it. Both of us are family friends so we both pay half half for it. Don't prejudge people without knowing the whole thing. We are done on this thread because i have got it working out. Thanks everybody for the negative help and thinking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.